1ch MPEG4 D1 IP Video Server
The E-IP-SED-2120 is a state-of-the-art MPEG4 video encoder unit. It can compress and transmit real-time video with excellent video quality up to D1 resolution.
- Real-Time MPEG4 ASP-compliant Compression
- Dual MPEG4 video streams (WAN & LAN)
- QoS Enabled (L3) Video Streaming
- Automatic Frame Rate Control
- Industrial Operating Temperature (-T model)
- Embedded Digital Time Code
- Dual Ethernet Ports (LAN & WAN)
- DDNS Support
- Hardware Motion Detection
- Free DVR Software
- SDK Available
Based around an ARM9 Risc Processor, the E-IP-SED-2120 is able to operate stand-alone on a TCP/IP network. Designed to be compact and rugged, the unit has an extruded aluminium casing and can be ordered in a wide temperature version. In terms of I/O, it has one video input with looping output for composite video input (PAL or NTSC selectable).
For PTZ camera or remote serial control, the E-IP-SED-2120 has one RS232/422/485 configurable serial port. This can be used for transparently sending serial commands over a TCP/IP network i.e. pan/tilt/zoom commands. On the alarm side, 2 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs are featured. Depending on the software used, these can be used for alarm triggering and control of external hardware.
QUALITY OF SERVICE
For real-time video streaming requirements, the E-IP-SED-2120's hardware complies with the 802.1pQ standard. This allows the streaming engine to transmit the video stream faster than a standard TCP/UDP packet.
AUTOMATIC FRAME RATE CONTROL
The E-IP-SED-2120 has variable or constant bit-rate control which allows one to throttle or control the video streams across limited or controlled networks.
DUAL ETHERNET PORTS
One of the features of the E-IP-SED-2120 that separates it from many other IP video servers are the dual Ethernet ports. This feature can be extremely useful in various situations. If one port's connection had to fail, the second port could be used to resume transmission. Alternatively, one port can be used for streaming video locally for local recording and the second port for WAN transmission over a lower bandwidth connection such as ADSL.
ONBOARD MOTION DETECTION
Another advanced feature of this server is the integrated motion detection. This allows the unit to operate stand-alone to upload or email images on activation. For low bandwidth connections it is also helpful, a video is only streamed on an event.
- Video: 1 x BNC Video Input & 1 x BNC Looping Output (1vp-p 75 ohm)
- Video Compression: MPEG-4 ASP compliant compression
- Resolution: Full D1 (720x576), CIF (352x240) or QCIF (160x112)
- Frame Rate: Up to 25fps (D1 Resolution)
- Bit Rate: selectable between 28K ~ 3Mbps
- Serial: 1 x RS232/422/485 (dip-switch selectable)
- Ethernet (10/100Base-T): 1 x LAN (RJ45) 1 x WAN (RJ45)
- Protocols: TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP, PPPoE, RTP, RTSP
- I/O: 2 x Digital Inputs, 2 x Digital Outputs (Screw Terminals)
- Casing: Powder-Coated Aluminium Extrusion
- Power: 12VDC (7.5W)
- Dimensions (mm): 112 x 37.2 x 119
- Weight: 350g
- Operating Temp: 5 to 50°C
- Operating Temp (-T model): -30 to 70°C
Each server comes with plenty of free software. This includes an Active-X control for custom use or for use inside Internet Explorer. For up to 16 cameras, the E-IP-SED-2120 also includes a free Windows application for recording or monitoring. This software fully supports all the hardware on the video server including the PTZ controls, alarm i.e., motion detection and of course video. For larger applications we recommend using the Omnicast 4.0 IP software.